Selecting the right IT Service Management (ITSM) solution is pivotal for organizations aiming to streamline their IT services and enhance customer experiences. In the world of service desk software, the choices can be overwhelming. That's why we're here to help you navigate the comparison between EasyVista vs. Cherwell Service Management.
In this blog post, we'll delve deep into the strengths and weaknesses of both platforms, providing you with the insights you need to make an informed decision for your organization's ITSM needs.
But ITSM solutions are not one-size-fits-all. That’s why we have another remarkable alternative to introduce: InvGate Service Desk. With its compelling features and capabilities, this tool might just be the ideal solution to address your specific needs.
- What is EasyVista?
- What is Cherwell Service Management?
- Considering InvGate Service Desk as an ITSM solution alternative
Ready to uncover which ITSM platform is the perfect fit for your organization? Let's get started.
Most looked-at features by buyers
When assessing IT Service Management solutions, potential buyers tend to concentrate on specific functionalities that align with their organization's needs. It's crucial to understand these sought-after features to make well-informed decisions.
Let's explore the key elements prospective buyers commonly consider when comparing ITSM tools:
- Support automation and Workflow Management - Buyers actively seek software solutions that offer automation capabilities to streamline routine tasks such as ticket routing, approvals, and escalations. These automation features contribute to increased efficiency and productivity.
- Seamless integration capabilities - The ability to integrate with other systems and applications is a vital requirement for buyers. They seek smooth data flow and automated processes, valuing the capability to integrate with existing tools and platforms for enhanced efficiency and a unified user experience.
- Informative reporting - Buyers look for help desk software with robust reporting tools like dashboards and reports. These features offer valuable insights into IT operations and performance, facilitating informed decision-making and continuous service improvement.
- Efficient IT Asset Management - Users prioritize software that offers robust IT Asset Management (ITAM) capabilities. This helps them maintain accurate inventories and optimize resource utilization within their organizations.
- Ticket Management System - Prospective buyers attach great importance to a comprehensive Ticket Management system within the help desk software. This feature enables efficient tracking, assignment, and resolution of customer inquiries and support requests.
- User-friendly experience and interface - Ease of use and interface design are pivotal factors for buyers. They value a user-friendly platform with an intuitive interface that fosters user adoption and productivity. Mobile accessibility is also crucial for organizations with remote or mobile workforces.
- Self-service portal and knowledge base - Including a self-service portal is highly valued because it empowers end-users to independently resolve common issues and access relevant information without requiring direct assistance.
- Simplified IT service catalog - Organizations often require a streamlined IT service catalog that provides a centralized platform for users to request specific IT services or resources. This simplification enhances service requests, improves visibility, and aids in effective service delivery management.
- Customization and adaptability - Buyers appreciate software solutions that can be customized to fit their business needs. This ensures the software aligns with their unique workflows and processes, increasing user satisfaction and overall efficiency.
- Cost and support - Buyers evaluate the solution's cost-effectiveness, including licensing models, subscription plans, and additional costs for features or users. Reliable customer support, extensive documentation, and accessible training resources also sway their decision-making.
- Scalability and personalization - Organizations with evolving needs prioritize solutions that can adapt to their growth and allow customization. Buyers seek the ability to create custom fields, workflows, and extensions/plugins to cater to their specific business requirements.
- ITIL compliance - Adhering to ITIL best practices is a priority for many organizations. Buyers may prioritize solutions that support ITIL processes, including Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, and Asset Management.
What is EasyVista?
EasyVista is a cloud-based tool that simplifies and improves IT Service Management processes. It incorporates 11 ITIL PinkVerified procedures, fostering efficiency and consistency for businesses.
Formerly known as Staff & Line Group, EasyVista is a privately owned company that has been a prominent player in the ITSM field since its inception in 1988. The platform's inclusion in the 2022 Gartner Magic Quadrant™ for ITSM Tools underscores its importance and position in the ITSM industry.
What users like from EasyVista
EasyVista has garnered positive user feedback from reputable industry sources like Gartner. To gain a deeper understanding of the platform's capabilities, let's examine some of the key strengths emphasized in these evaluations.
- ITSM features - EasyVista offers comprehensive IT Service Management features, including robust service catalog management. Users highlight the platform's high degree of flexibility, particularly in automating business processes. It stands out in supporting centralization, traceability, and visibility of actions, ultimately enhancing ITSM capabilities as a whole.
- Configuration and customization - EasyVista's codeless configuration simplifies the customization process. Users have found that the platform's offerings such as groups, roles, and domains streamline ticket assignment, ultimately boosting efficiency. Regular updates based on customer feedback ensure that the platform remains up-to-date and responsive to evolving needs.
- User-friendliness - EasyVista has a user-friendly interface that caters to a wide range of users, including customers, IT staff, and administrators. Its incorporation of all ITIL modules further enhances its value. Users have noted that EasyVista contributes to smoother service processes and improved service quality, making it a solution that prioritizes user needs.
- Workflow editor - EasyVista's workflow editor is a standout feature that translates documented processes into practical steps. Users appreciate its low-code options and extensive customization possibilities, making it a versatile tool for tailoring workflows to specific requirements.
- Efficiency - EasyVista excels in enhancing work efficiency. It provides support for agility in service delivery and consistently delivers high-quality results. These efficiency-focused features contribute to overall productivity and performance improvements.
What users don’t like from EasyVista
While EasyVista possesses various strengths and positive qualities, it has faced criticism and user apprehensions concerning specific platform aspects. These concerns have been gathered from evaluations conducted by sources like Gartner. Below are some of the issues that have garnered attention.
- Usability and interface - Some users believe EasyVista requires too many clicks to perform common tasks, resulting in time wastage. The platform has been criticized for lacking intuitiveness, making it difficult to locate certain features. Users have noted that the default back office setup is complex and often requires customization to streamline the interface.
- Functionality and customization - Users have pointed out that it takes time to configure all the functionalities in EasyVista as expected. They also express frustration with the limited customization options for screen elements, which restrict their ability to tailor the platform to meet specific requirements. Additionally, there have been reports of slowness, especially when dealing with a large number of users.
- Support and documentation - Users have reported inconsistent support from the vendor as a significant drawback. Vendor documentation is also perceived as lacking and outdated, which can impede the effective utilization of the platform. Furthermore, the application of updates can be challenging due to inadequate vendor quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) processes.
- Integration and modern technologies - EasyVista has faced criticism for not keeping up with modern technologies and failing to meet expectations in terms of its SaaS version and integration capabilities with other tools. Users frequently seek more advanced integration choices and a smoother experience when collaborating with external tools.
- Complexity - Users have observed that fully utilizing EasyVista's features necessitates a strong understanding of the platform, which can be a barrier for some users. The application builder is seen as less user-friendly, especially for administrators who may struggle to navigate and use it effectively.
What’s EasyVista’s argument over Cherwell Service Management?
EasyVista presents several key advantages over Cherwell Service Management:
- Comprehensive ITSM features - EasyVista's flexible IT Service Management suite offers robust service catalog management and enhanced ITSM capabilities.
- Configuration simplicity - EasyVista's codeless configuration simplifies customization and streamlines operational efficiency.
- User-friendly interface - EasyVista's user-centric design and ITIL integration contribute to smoother service processing and enhanced quality.
- Workflow editor excellence - EasyVista's workflow editor translates processes into actionable steps with low-code options and extensive customization.
- Enhanced efficiency - EasyVista prioritizes efficiency, delivering high-quality results and productivity improvements.
What is Cherwell Service Management?
Cherwell Service Management by Ivanti is an IT Service Management platform that effectively caters to the requirements of service departments without the need for coding or scripting. It distinguishes itself by providing automated IT service delivery through a comprehensive suite of pre-built tools.
Cherwell Service Management has several noteworthy attributes. It features a code-free architecture, enabling greater adaptability for businesses. Additionally, it incorporates a drag-and-drop functionality, simplifying customization and streamlining processes by automating workflows. Furthermore, it encompasses Project Management functionalities.
Moreover, Cherwell Service Management supports multiple languages and offers deployment options as a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution or through on-premise deployment. It seamlessly integrates with Ivanti Neurons, a platform with predictive, self-healing, and autonomous remediation capabilities designed to enhance system performance and security.
What users like from Cherwell Service Management
Cherwell has garnered favorable customer feedback, evidenced by reviews from sources like Gartner. Here are some of the benefits that have been highlighted:
- User-friendly interface - The platform delivers an intuitive and user-friendly interface designed to enhance usability and facilitate efficient interactions with the system.
- Simplified development with low-code/no-code approach - Cherwell Service Management offers a low-code/no-code environment that enables users to swiftly establish and implement new features without the need for extensive coding knowledge or expertise.
- Extensive customization capabilities - Users value the extensive customization options available in the platform, allowing them to adapt various aspects of the system, such as form fields and workflows, to meet their unique needs.
- Proficient automation and Workflow Management - The tool excels in automation capabilities, making it effortless for users to create and put into action intricate workflows tailored to their specific requirements.
- Seamless integration via APIs - The platform's support for API integrations ensures smooth connectivity with other systems, enhancing its overall functionality.
What users don’t like from Cherwell Service Management
Despite its strengths and positive aspects, Cherwell has garnered feedback from its user base expressing various concerns and dislikes regarding specific platform facets. According to reviews conducted by sources like Gartner, here are some of the noted issues:
- Emphasis on Ivanti after acquisition - Following Ivanti's acquisition of Cherwell Software, customers have expressed dissatisfaction with the sales push toward Ivanti Neurons, an alternative platform. This sudden shift in focus has not been well-received by Cherwell's existing customer base, resulting in dissatisfaction among these users.
- Performance concerns - Several users have reported performance issues, especially when dealing with large databases or extensive groups of technicians. These performance problems can impact system responsiveness, causing frustration among users.
- Challenges in customization - While Cherwell offers extensive customization options, some users have encountered difficulties with certain development and customization tasks, particularly when creating new Business Objects and Forms. These complexities have led to frustration and increased time investments.
- Upgrade bugs and issues - Users have encountered bugs and challenges during platform upgrades. In some instances, poorly planned releases have led to problems that require resolution, negatively affecting the user experience.
- Customer support critiques - The level of customer support provided by Cherwell has faced criticism from some users. Complaints include slow response times and a perceived reluctance to acknowledge software behavior as bugs. These issues have resulted in frustration and dissatisfaction with the support services.
- Outdated user interface - Certain users have found Cherwell's graphical user interface (GUI) to be outdated and less responsive, particularly when comparing the web version to the desktop application. This discrepancy in the quality of the user interface has generated dissatisfaction among some users.
What’s Cherwell Service Management’s argument over EasyVista?
Let's delve into Cherwell Service Management's compelling argument in comparison to EasyVista:
- User-friendly interface - Cherwell offers an intuitive interface for seamless user interactions.
- Low-code/no-code - Cherwell simplifies customization without coding, while EasyVista may require more technical expertise.
- Customization options - Cherwell provides extensive customization, tailoring the system to specific needs.
- Automation excellence - Cherwell excels in automating complex workflows, enhancing operational efficiency.
- API integration - Cherwell's robust API support ensures seamless connectivity with other systems.
Considering InvGate Service Desk as an ITSM solution alternative
While EasyVista and Cherwell Service Management are prominent players in the ITSM industry, it's essential to explore alternative solutions that align with your organization's specific needs. In this context, InvGate Service Desk is a compelling choice deserving of thorough consideration.
Let's delve into the comprehensive features of InvGate Service Desk that make it a valuable option for addressing your organization's ITSM requirements:
Focused on ITSM with ESM extension
InvGate Service Desk is purpose-built for ITSM and seamlessly extends its capabilities to Enterprise Service Management (ESM). This allows operational departments to enhance their processes and fully embrace the benefits of digital transformation. With a primary focus on ITSM and strong performance in ESM, InvGate Service Desk facilitates streamlined workflows and comprehensive digital transformation initiatives across all departments.
InvGate Service Desk holds the esteemed ITIL4 certification from PINK Elephant, underscoring its commitment to upholding ITSM excellence. Whether organizations are embarking on their ITIL journey or managing complex operations, InvGate Service Desk offers a user-friendly and feature-rich experience aligned with industry best practices.
Robust Ticketing and Incident Management
InvGate Service Desk excels in efficiently tracking, collaborating on, and resolving tickets. With features like automated ticket routing, customizable workflows, and SLA Management, IT teams can effectively manage and prioritize incidents.
Strong self-service capabilities
InvGate Service Desk offers robust self-service functionalities, including a user-friendly portal, an extensive IT service catalog, and a knowledge base. These features empower end-users to independently address common issues, access various IT services, and utilize self-help resources, reducing the workload on IT staff.
Customization and flexibility
InvGate Service Desk provides flexible deployment options, allowing organizations to select between on-premise or cloud-based solutions. This adaptability ensures the platform can cater to the distinct needs of various sectors and industries.
Simplified configuration and setup
InvGate Service Desk simplifies configuration and setup with a user-friendly, no-code/low-code approach. This approach enables both novices and experienced users to implement the system without requiring extensive technical expertise. The platform offers straightforward configuration options, allowing organizations to harness its potent ITSM capabilities quickly.
Exceptional user experience
InvGate Service Desk prioritizes delivering an outstanding user experience through meticulous design and adherence to UI/UX best practices. Its intuitive interface encourages rapid adoption and minimizes the need for extensive training, ensuring a user-friendly design that maximizes productivity.
InvGate Service Desk offers a cost-effective solution without compromising functionality. It provides a comprehensive suite of ITSM features at a competitive price point, making it an appealing choice for organizations seeking affordability without sacrificing capabilities. Compared to alternatives like EasyVista and Cherwell Service Management, InvGate Service Desk balances cost and functionality.
Comprehensive reporting and analytics
InvGate Service Desk provides extensive reporting and analytics functionalities, empowering organizations to gain valuable insights into their IT operations and performance. The platform offers ready-to-use reports and customizable dashboards, enabling IT teams to analyze data, identify patterns, and make informed decisions to enhance their services.
Comprehensive Asset Management
By integrating InvGate Service Desk with InvGate Insight, organizations gain a comprehensive view of their IT ecosystem, resulting in improved service delivery and reduced downtime. InvGate Insight offers features such as IT Asset Discovery, Inventory Management, Software License Management, and maintenance schedules.
Fast ROI and ongoing innovation
InvGate Service Desk ensures a swift return on investment through efficient implementation processes. Within weeks, organizations can start reaping the benefits of this robust ITSM solution. Additionally, regular feature updates keep users at the forefront of technology without incurring additional costs.
In the EasyVista vs. Cherwell Service Management comparison, we've comprehensively evaluated both platforms, considering their features, capabilities, and potential drawbacks.
However, the ITSM landscape is dynamic and ever-evolving, with fresh contenders constantly emerging to address the changing demands of modern businesses.
One such compelling alternative worth considering is InvGate Service Desk. With its robust capabilities, extensive customization options, and a dedicated focus on streamlining IT operations, this platform offers organizations a powerful tool to elevate their ITSM to new heights.
Download our free ITSM implementation checklist today! This roadmap will help you map out the next crucial steps for your organization. Start now to optimize your ITSM strategy and elevate your business to new heights.