Are you searching for the ultimate tool to enhance your IT Service Management (ITSM) project? If you're caught in the Cherwell vs. Ivanti Neurons dilemma, you've landed on the perfect resource.
In this blog post, we'll explore the capabilities, advantages, and drawbacks of Cherwell Service Management and Ivanti Neurons. But that's not all. We'll also introduce you to a powerful alternative, InvGate Service Desk, which could perfectly match your organization.
- What is Cherwell?
- What is Ivanti Neurons?
Get ready to dive in and search for the ideal ITSM solution!
Most looked-at features by buyers
When evaluating ITSM solutions, buyers prioritize specific features that align with their organization's requirements. Understanding these sought-after features can facilitate an informed decision-making process.
Let's explore the essential features potential buyers commonly emphasize during the ITSM tool comparison.
- Support automation and Workflow Management - Buyers actively seek software solutions that offer automation capabilities to streamline routine tasks like ticket routing, approvals, and escalations. Automation contributes to increased efficiency and productivity.
- Insightful reporting - Buyers seek help desk software with powerful reporting tools, such as dashboards and reports. These tools provide valuable insights into IT operations and performance, aiding in informed decision-making and continuous service improvement.
- Ticket Management solution - Buyers consider a comprehensive Ticket Management System crucial in their help desk software. This feature enables efficient tracking, assignment, and resolution of customer inquiries and support requests.
- Efficient Asset Management - Users prioritize software that offers robust IT Asset Management functionalities. This capability helps organizations maintain accurate inventories and optimize resource utilization.
- Self-service portal - Buyers highly value the inclusion of a self-service portal, empowering end-users to independently resolve common issues and find relevant information without direct assistance.
- Customization and flexibility - Buyers appreciate software solutions that provide customization options, allowing them to tailor the platform to their unique business needs. This flexibility ensures the software aligns with specific workflows and processes, enhancing user satisfaction and overall effectiveness.
- Seamless integration capabilities - Integration with other systems and applications is a key requirement for buyers. Seamless data flow and process automation through integration with existing tools and platforms are highly valued for enhanced efficiency and a unified user experience.
What is Cherwell?
Cherwell Service Management by Ivanti is an IT Service Management platform that effectively caters to the requirements of service departments without the need for coding or scripting. Its standout feature is its ability to automate IT service delivery through a comprehensive collection of pre-built tools.
Cherwell Service Management boasts several noteworthy characteristics. It utilizes a codeless structure, allowing for greater business adaptability. Its drag-and-drop functionality simplifies customization and employs automated workflows to eliminate laborious manual processes.
Aside from these features, Cherwell Service Management includes Project Management capabilities. Additionally, it offers a distinctive feature called Mergeable Applications (or 'mApps'), enabling users to share custom applications, extensions, and enhancements without impacting the core system's functionality.
Moreover, Cherwell Service Management supports multiple languages and provides deployment options as a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution or through on-premise deployment. It also integrates seamlessly with Ivanti Neurons, a platform offering predictive, self-healing, and autonomous remediation capabilities, enhancing system performance and security.
What users like from Cherwell
Cherwell has garnered positive customer feedback, which reputable sources like Gartner have validated. Here are some of the benefits that have been highlighted.
- Simplified development - Cherwell Service Management adopts a low-code/no-code approach, enabling users to implement new features without extensive coding knowledge or expertise swiftly.
- User-friendly interface - The platform boasts an intuitive and user-friendly interface designed to improve usability and facilitate smooth interactions with the system.
- Robust customization options - Users appreciate the extensive range of customization choices available within the platform, which allows them to tailor various system elements, such as form fields and workflows, to their specific needs.
- Efficient automation and Workflow Management - The tool excels in automation capabilities, empowering users to design and execute complex workflows based on their unique requirements.
- Seamless API integrations - The platform supports API integrations, ensuring seamless connectivity with other systems and enhancing its overall functionality.
What users don’t like from Cherwell
While Cherwell has notable strengths and positive aspects, customer feedback has highlighted concerns and dislikes regarding specific aspects of the platform. Analysis from reputable sources like Gartner highlighted these dislikes.
- Performance issues - Certain users have encountered performance issues, particularly when dealing with large databases or extensive groups of technicians.
- Challenges with customization - While Cherwell offers extensive customization options, some users have found certain development and customization tasks to be complex and time-consuming, particularly when creating new Business Objects and Forms.
- Bugs and upgrade issues - Users have reported encountering bugs and challenges during platform upgrades. Some releases have been poorly planned, resulting in problems that require resolution and negatively impacting the user experience.
- Customer support - The level of support provided has faced criticism from some users. Complaints include slow response times and a perceived reluctance to acknowledge software behavior as bugs, resulting in frustration and dissatisfaction.
- Outdated user interface - Some users find the graphical user interface (GUI) of Cherwell to be obsolete and less responsive, especially when comparing the web version to the desktop application. This discrepancy in user interface quality has led to dissatisfaction among certain users.
What’s Cherwell’s argument over Ivanti Neurons?
Here are the key arguments put forth by Cherwell in comparison to Ivanti Neurons.
- User-friendly interface - Cherwell prides itself on providing an intuitive and user-friendly interface designed to enhance usability and facilitate smooth interactions with the system. This emphasis on user experience positions Cherwell as a more user-centric solution than Ivanti Neurons.
- Simplified development - Cherwell highlights its low-code/no-code approach, which allows users to implement new features without extensive coding knowledge or expertise.
- Extensive customization - Cherwell offers a wide range of customization options, empowering users to tailor various system elements, such as form fields and workflows, to their specific needs.
- Integration capabilities - While Ivanti Neurons has been criticized for its limited integration capabilities, Cherwell can argue that its platform supports seamless API integrations, enabling connectivity with other systems and enhancing overall functionality.
What is Ivanti Neurons?
Ivanti Neurons for ITSM, created by Ivanti, is a comprehensive Service Management solution designed for enterprise-level organizations that offers both cloud and on-premise deployment options. It encompasses the entire service delivery lifecycle, from capturing requests to resolving issues. This solution is built on industry standards and incorporates 11 ITIL 4-certified practices, providing a solid foundation for organizations' Service Management requirements.
The main goal of Ivanti Neurons for ITSM, which is part of the Ivanti Neurons platform, is to streamline operations by replacing manual processes with automated workflows. This transformation enhances organizational efficiency, promotes compliance, and strengthens security measures.
Ivanti is a private technology company that specializes in managing and securing Everywhere Work environments. It places significant emphasis on improving the digital employee experience (DEX). Founded in 1985 and headquartered in South Jordan, Utah, Ivanti takes pride in its dedicated workforce of approximately 2,500 to 4,999 professionals.
What users like from Ivanti Neurons
As noted in reputable analyses like Gartner's reviews, Ivanti Neurons for ITSM has garnered positive user feedback across multiple industries, including IT Services, Healthcare and Biotech, and Finance. Let's explore some of the specific advantages highlighted by these satisfied customers.
- Customization - Users highly value the extensive customization options Ivanti provides, allowing them to personalize the system according to their specific needs.
- Flexibility - Users appreciate the flexibility offered by the system, as it allows them to create individual group function modules and adjust workflows to align with their unique requirements.
- User-friendliness - The system is praised for its intuitive nature, particularly in areas such as ticketing, equipment access, and call stacks, making it easy for users to navigate and utilize effectively.
- Automation - Users highly value the platform's automation capabilities, as they streamline processes and enhance overall efficiency, saving time and effort.
- Customer service - Ivanti's customer service receives frequent praise for its collaborative approach and understanding of customer needs, ensuring a positive and supportive user experience.
- Cost Savings - Some users have observed that Ivanti offers cost savings compared to other similar products they have evaluated, providing additional value and financial benefits.
What users don’t like from Ivanti Neurons
Users highly value Ivanti's robust capabilities and its transformative impact on their IT service environments. However, some areas could benefit from improvement, particularly concerning the user interface and complexity. Analysis from respected sources like Gartner sheds light on some of the dislikes expressed by users. Let's explore these concerns in more detail.
- Complex backend - Certain users have found the platform's backend complex, with options scattered across different areas, making navigation and management challenging.
- Lack of out-of-the-box features - Some users have expressed the feeling that Ivanti lacks certain features that they would expect from a solution at this advanced level of sophistication.
- Limited integration - Certain users have expressed frustration over the limited integration capabilities with other tools, hindering their ability to achieve process improvements and efficiencies.
- Poor documentation - Users have criticized the outdated and insufficient documentation provided, which necessitates extensive hands-on training to understand and utilize the platform fully.
- Inadequate support - Some users have faced difficulties with Ivanti's support function, including challenges in assigning the appropriate agent and identifying the root cause of problems, leading to frustrations in obtaining timely assistance.
- Outdated appearance - Some users have noted that the product has an outdated look and feel, which may impact the platform's overall user experience and aesthetics.
What’s Ivanti Neurons’ argument over Cherwell?
In the competitive landscape of ITSM solutions, Ivanti Neurons presents its own arguments and strengths that differentiate it from Cherwell. Here are the key points Ivanti Neurons puts forth.
- Transformative automation - Ivanti Neurons focuses on replacing manual processes with automated workflows to streamline operations. Organizations can achieve enhanced efficiency, compliance, and security by leveraging automation capabilities.
- Comprehensive Service Management - Ivanti Neurons for ITSM offers an enterprise-level, end-to-end solution that covers the entire service delivery lifecycle. It incorporates 11 ITIL 4-certified practices, providing a robust foundation for organizations' Service Management needs.
- Digital Employee Experience (DEX) - Ivanti Neurons aims to enhance employee productivity and satisfaction by offering user-friendly interfaces and intuitive features, enabling seamless interactions with the system.
Considering InvGate Service Desk as an ITSM solution alternative
When looking for an alternative ITSM solution to Cherwell Service Management and Ivanti Neurons, it is worth considering InvGate Service Desk and its distinct advantages. Exploring the unique benefits of InvGate's products can provide compelling reasons to consider this solution. Here are some important factors to consider when evaluating InvGate Service Desk.
1. Customization and flexibility
With InvGate Service Desk, organizations can enjoy high levels of customization and flexibility. The platform allows administrators to easily configure the system to align with their specific needs and workflows. This flexibility enables organizations to create a personalized ITSM experience tailored to their unique requirements.
2. Intuitive and user-friendly interface
The interface is designed to be intuitive and user-friendly, ensuring effortless navigation for both IT teams and end-users. With its streamlined design and intuitive workflows, the platform delivers a seamless user experience, reducing the learning curve and enabling users to adapt to the system quickly.
3. Robust Ticketing and Incident Management capabilities
InvGate Service Desk excels in its powerful Ticketing and Incident Management features, enabling efficient tracking, collaboration, and resolution of tickets. The platform offers automated routing, customizable workflows, and SLA Management, enhancing the effectiveness and efficiency of Incident Management processes.
4. Integrated Asset Management
InvGate Service Desk stands out with its comprehensive Asset Management integration. It allows organizations to track and manage their IT assets throughout their lifecycle effectively. The platform includes features such as IT Asset Discovery, Inventory Management, Software License Management, and maintenance schedules, which provide organizations with a holistic view of their IT assets.
5. Cost-effective solution
Compared to Cherwell Service Management and Ivanti Neurons, InvGate Service Desk offers a cost-effective solution without compromising functionality. It provides a robust set of ITSM features at a competitive price point, making it an attractive option for organizations seeking affordability without sacrificing functionality.
6. Comprehensive reporting and analytics
InvGate Service Desk offers comprehensive reporting and analytics capabilities, providing valuable insights into IT operations and performance. The platform provides pre-built reports, dashboards, and the ability to create custom reports, empowering IT teams to analyze data, identify trends, and make informed, data-driven decisions for service improvement.
7. Self-service capabilities
InvGate Service Desk empowers end-users with robust self-service features, including a user-friendly portal, an extensive IT service catalog, and a knowledge base. These features enable users to find answers, access IT services, and utilize self-help resources, reducing their dependence on IT teams and improving overall efficiency.
8. AI-powered features
InvGate Service Desk leverages AI-powered capabilities, such as Support Assist and Response Suggestions. Support Assist automates ticket categorization and routing using machine learning algorithms, improving the efficiency of ticket management. Response Suggestions assist agents in crafting replies to tickets, saving time, and enhancing customer interactions.
Selecting the appropriate ITSM solution is a crucial choice that can substantially affect your organization's IT service delivery and overall efficiency. By thoroughly assessing your options, you will be on the correct path toward implementing a solution that aligns with your requirements and objectives.