If you’re already going to the TCEA conference in Austin, Texas, from 3-7 February 2020, then great. As to which look the most interesting and valuable, it can be hard to choose from the abstracts alone. However, I’ve given it a go. So, please keep reading to discover some of the best-looking technology sessions at TCEA.
My pick of the technology-related sessions at TCEA
To help both existing and potential TCEA attendees out, I’ve taken the time to curate a list of what I think could be the best technology-related sessions at the conference.
The CTO stream covers a wide variety of topics. The three that grabbed my attention are:
- “Re-Thinking Tech Leadership in the Age of Ubiquity” with Larry Kahn and Susan Davis (8:30 AM - 10:00 AM on 4 February)
- “How to Ensure an Educational Return on Your Technology Investment” with Kristi Visage, Suzanne Gaddis, Ryan Wheeler, Deborah Hilton, and Mark Estrada (2:15 PM - 3:05 PM on 4 February)
- “Is your School District the Next Cybersecurity Target?” with Jennifer Bergland (11:45 AM - 12:35 PM on 5 February)
In the Pedagogy stream, these five sessions grabbed my attention (plus, there’s even more VR- and AR-related content in this stream):
- “Technology Tools for the 21st Century Chromebook Classroom” with Katherine Degar, Lori Powers, Kelly Thacker, and Micki-Lee Pitchford (8:30 AM - 10:00 AM on 3 February)
- “The Nitty-Gritty of Tech Integration: Purposefully Integrating Tech at The Lesson Plan Level” with Andrae McConnell (9:45 AM - 10:35 AM on 3 February)
- “Transforming Your Teaching Mindset Through Technology” with Heather Miller and Stacey Gleinser (3:00 PM - 4:30 PM on 3 February)
- “Bringing Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning into the Classroom” with Hall Davidson (8:00 AM - 8:50 AM on 4 February)
- “Leveraging Technology to Shift Curriculum, Instruction and Learning Spaces” with Danielle Edmunds and Michael Liener (1:45 PM - 2:35 PM on 4 February)
And finally, in the Technology Support and Information Technology stream, the following five sessions look valuable:
- “Tech Support is our Business!” with Yvette Ardoin and Marybeth Sonnier (9:00 AM - 11:00 AM on 4 February)
- “Being Prepared for the Next Cybersecurity Event” with Frosty Walker (11:45 AM - 12:35 PM on 4 February)
- “The Open (Source) Road to IT Success” with Henry Burroughs (2:15 PM - 3:05 PM on 4 February)
- “Barrier to Enabler: Changing Perceptions of the Technology Department” with David Carpenter (3:00 PM - 3:50 PM on 4 February)
- “Data-Driven Decision-Making” with Mike Durando (12:15 PM - 1:05 PM on 6 February)
Of course, there are many, many more possibilities to consider within the hundreds of available technology-related sessions over the week. With the coverage applicable to all types of technology-interested attendees.
In addition to the many educational sessions, there are also hundreds of exhibitors at TCEA, of which we are one. So, please come along for a chat about some of the interesting and valuable work that we’re doing with educational institutions and customers in other sectors. We’re at booth 428 and won’t automatically dive into the detail of our solutions, unless of course you’d like us to! Hopefully, we’ll see you there.
If you'd like to chat with us ahead of the show, please contact us here.