We're closing a year of full growth at InvGate. During 2019, our solutions continued to strengthen with new features to make IT management easier. In addition, our teams continue to grow as we take on new challenges.
We made "digital transformation" a reality for the companies that chose us, instead of something intangible that sounds good but cannot be applied. We helped them optimize and facilitate processes that otherwise become cumbersome and, with that, they’re now able to save time and effort.
This blog looks at the main product releases and news of this year.
InvGate Service Desk, totally renewed
We started the year with a bang – launching the new UI of InvGate Service Desk, available from version 6. It was an ambitious project in which all our teams worked together for months, with the aim to continue making IT management easier and responding to the needs of our customers.
Our goal was to improve the experience of all those who use InvGate as their main work tool: Agents, Managers, and Administrators now enjoy unprecedented visibility and ease of operation thanks to the “My Work” section, which brings together all the accesses and quick actions they need in one place.
With regard to features, these are some that were incorporated into InvGate Service Desk throughout the year:
- Integration with Zapier, a web service that facilitates the interaction of the help desk with more than a thousand applications, such as Slack, HubSpot, Jira, Google Suite, Office 365, Zoom, MailChimp, LinkedIn, and many more. This means that the range of actions and processes that can be executed with InvGate Service Desk is even greater. Read more here.
- Support multiple locations, with advanced routing rules that allow you to configure conditions to determine which help desk or department a request should be routed. Read more here.
- New languages added to the platform: German and Catalan.
- Accessibility report, through the VPAT or Voluntary Product Accessibility Template, which reports how we adapt to Section 508 of the United States Rehabilitation Act of 1973. This section provides guidelines for making ICT accessible and, therefore, usable by people with limited abilities to see, hear, or exercise muscle control. Read more here.
The full list of new InvGate Service Desk features can be found in our release notes.
InvGate Insight takes off
At the end of 2018 we launched InvGate Insight, with the product officially entering the market during 2019. Its distinguishing value is that it discovers and centralizes all the information about physical, virtual, and cloud assets on the same platform, laying the foundations to build a CMDB and a normalized catalog.
All this information that InvGate Insight discovers and centralizes provides great visibility and transparency, as it provides an accurate image of hardware, configurations, software, and web services.
InvGate Insight features launched during 2019 include:
- Android Agent, available in the Google Play store, allowing said devices to report to the system
- Life cycle status of assets
- Custom fields of different types to catalog assets
- Types of custom assets: in addition to the classics such as "PC", "printer", or "phone", you can create custom types according to the needs of the organization
- Network Discovery to add new devices within the infrastructure.
The full list of new InvGate Insight features can be found in our release notes.
InvGate Assets continues to improve ITAM maturity
Updates to InvGate Assets, our IT asset management tool, were in line with our continued goal to help improve the maturity of organizations requiring ITAM capabilities.
Features launched during 2019 include:
- Software contract profiles with more details, such as Payment Type and Contract Term
- Hardware contracts
- Blacklist: prevent certain workstations from ever reporting again
- Use of Barcode Scanners in asset creation or search
- Support for SNMP v3 & v1
- Automatic synchronization of Owners via Active Directory
- General improvements to device traceability.
The complete list of new InvGate Assets features can be found in our release notes.
In other words: We keep growing!
In parallel to the products, our customer base continues to grow, as we enter new markets and new countries with a surpassing value proposition. Those who choose us highlight differential value in the customization offered by our tools, given that they can adapt them to specific processes and use cases, and in the improvements they bring to the user experience.
Don’t just take our word: case studies speak for themselves. During 2019, we added customers of the likes of Harmony Public Schools, a system of 58 public schools in Texas, United States, which faced the challenge of providing support with different routing logics throughout the district.
"We noted that many of the providers did not understand the needs and requirements of education entities as well as InvGate did," said Martin Nuñez, Service Desk Manager of Harmony Public Schools.
Beyond the field of education, we were chosen by organizations of all kinds within the US and other countries: the US Army, the Peoples Bank, Ready Capital, Advanced Input Systems, Burger King Spain, the insurance company Allianz in Mexico, and KPMG Argentina, to name a few.
To sum up...
During 2019 our solutions continued adding functionalities to improve the workload and the operational efficiency of organizations – as part of our commitment to meeting customer expectations and the expectations of their customers.
It’s our desire for next year to continue helping companies organize and optimize their processes, not only in IT but also throughout the rest of the business.
Happy Holidays and Happy New Year.